Monday, August 17, 2009

First of Countless

First day of school today for our wee one. He was a champ getting out of the car all by himself and walking in. His mother, on the other hand, was another story.

At times I forget how lucky we are to be able to send our children to school, taking it for granted almost. I know that in many places around the globe the opportunity to sit in a classroom is a luxury; children walking for miles through all sorts of conditions, families burdened by the absence of the child from the daily work. I somehow need to impart this fact on my own little student, but I fear that it's a lesson beyond him right now.

4 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Hello! I came here from Hope Radio. She is my blogging buddy and I have heard about you for a long time and thought I would check you out. I'm glad I did. I have been scanning some of your older stuff and I am impressed. I’ll be back.

The first day of school is hard on mothers. Not me. No, sir. When my daughter got out of the car and started walking up the steps, my eyes started sweating. It was a hot day that September morn.

QueenieHill said...

I am so glad you are writing again. There has been so much I have learned.

My youngest is starting school after labor day. His first day ---of Senior High. They never understand that what seems years to them was just yesterday to us.

My only job is to get them ready to go. Teaching, holding accountable, family dinners and time.

The 3 most important jobs period. Parent, Teacher and soldier.

QueenieHill said...

I am so glad you are writing again. There has been so much I have learned.

My youngest is starting school after labor day. His first day ---of Senior High. They never understand that what seems years to them was just yesterday to us.

My only job is to get them ready to go. Teaching, holding accountable, family dinners and time.

The 3 most important jobs period. Parent, Teacher and soldier.

James Haskell said...

Well I hope that the wee one is liking school. I also hope mom holding up ok too.