Wednesday, April 11, 2007

First Post

A vicious storm blew in over the Baghdad Zoo this morning. I stood on the roof of the villa and snapped a couple of shots as the sky became night again, and the wind tore at the satellite dishes.

This first post comes from Baghdad, where I’m working as a security consultant for one of the major US media outlets. It’s been a wonderful experience so far as I’ve gotten an up close view of how the news is gathered, compiled, and broadcast around the world.

Over the next couple of weeks I’ll put up some of the photos that I’ve taken over the previous month or so, along with some of my experiences that I’ve had. My intent is to eventually post more in-depth multi-media pieces using Flash video, slideshows, audio clips, and text.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a great concept for a blog.

Congrats on its launch and starting the endeavor.

Looking forward to reading it.