I awoke this morning to calls on the radio that the house next to our two villas was on fire. This would not be a good thing as all of the houses here are only feet apart from one another, with some of them sharing the same exterior wall.
Once on the roof we could see that it was one of the gasoline storage tanks from a nearby house that was ablaze and posed no danger to us. We have no idea how it started, but the smoke was pretty dramatic.
Nothing will get you out of bed faster than a house fire. All night long you can lie there and listen to gunfire and explosions, but a house fire … It’s amazing what you get used to.