Door knocker on the door of a Chicago Chinese restaurant
I've spent the last several days pretty much by myself, which is generally a good thing for me. I'm not a very social person, and would do very well in a Himalayan cave meditating for eight years. To that end, here are some random thoughts.
- I don't like zoos. While I understand the purposes; money, research, and display. I think we as humans can do better.
- BRicks (Bike-Run, ick!) workouts are the bane of most triathletes, and I dislike them as much as anybody, but they're a necessary evil for me this year as my bike-to-run transitions suck.
- I need to go to the zendo tomorrow morning and sit… a lot.
- Matt Damon's Green Zone is a good movie, and I enjoyed it very much. I like Matt as an actor.
- Paramedics need to think clinically and have a good medical reason to "collar and board" a patient. Mechanism alone is not enough.
- Chain sushi restaurants tend to be not very authentic and not very good.
- I like Barnes & Noble's electronic book reader, the Nook very much. I'm an Amazon Kindle owner, but am considering trading up.
- I don't understand why funeral processions have the right of way and are allowed to inconvenience hundreds of people along the route. Certainly this wasn't the deceased's last wish? I want to pass the deceased in my car, not drive over him.
- I need to go fly fishing but the Chattahoochee River is too swollen with all of the recent rains. I'm not a good enough fly fisherman to lure a trout out of a fast-flowing, murky river.
- I need to call my parents.