Friday, August 24, 2007

The Adventure Continues

A perfect balance between the moss-covered stone, the old tree, and the fading flower.

I’m really digging this “retirement thing”. While my wonderful wife slaves away in corporate America, I’m content with my six weeks on/six weeks off routine. For six weeks I travel overseas, away from home and hearth, playing “miniaturized action figure”. This is followed by six weeks off where I really come into my own; two-a-day workouts, browsing the stacks at Barnes & Noble, playing with my three year-old son, sitting zazen in our tatami room, and working around the house on the Japanese garden. What more could one ask for?

I’ll soon be off again, so I’ve been collecting reading material, loading my iPod, and devising workout schemes to keep me fit while I’m gone. This next trip will take me to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, and then on to Baghdad for another stint with the media. The adventure continues.

No comments: