Saturday, February 12, 2011

Back In The Saddle

The weather is going to be nice in Atlanta this week.  I'm destined to take my tri-bike and start putting some very early springtime miles on it.  I've been off my bike for the past handful of months and I feel that it's time to reacquaint myself with the saddle again.  There's nothing quite like mile after mile of cycling along country roads, alone with your thoughts, pushing yourself to just the right amount of pain.

As April approaches I'm planning a trip to Boone, North Carolina to get some needed hill work in.  A number of years ago I read Lance Armstrong's biography and took note of the fact that it was riding in Boone that made him to fall in love with cycling again after coming back from cancer.  Since then, I've always considered Boone a stop on the spiritual cycling path.  Looking forward to it.

No comments: