Sunday, October 7, 2007

World Sport

A woman hides her face behind a burka.

The Rugby World Cup is among us and the bureau is following it closely on satellite television. For a gringo, rugby is a tad confusing, but I can see where American football gets many of it’s aspects. I watch the players wrestle and tackle each other and can’t help but think that an NFL quality running back would wreck havoc with these guys. The brits and kiwis vehemently claim that’s not the case, but I see an awful lot of arm tackling going on.

Now if rugby wasn’t bad enough I’ve also watched baseball’s distant cousin as well, cricket. I can’t even begin to wrap my head around that. I’m trying to picture Barry Bonds in a big floppy hat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been going through your blog all day off and on...it is brilliant though I guess at this point I am being a bit redundant. I went ahead and posted a link to your site and few people on mine have already emialed me privately to thank me for the great link. I agree.